10 Cleaning Hacks For Your Bathroom
These simple cleaning hacks will improve your bathroom's look, creating a cleansed space to help you enjoy your bathroom.
1. Tea on Mirrors
Black tea contains tannic acids that dissolve dirt and grime. Place in a spray bottle and clean your mirrors and windows until they gleam.
2. Lemons on Chrome
Cut a lemon in half and scrub against any chrome fittings to get a spotless and shiny finish. Make a celebratory lemonade to toast your effort.
3. Vinegar & Baking Powder Down Drains
- Pour boiling water down your drain.
- Followed by half a cup of baking powder and one cup of vinegar.
- Plug the drain to let the reaction take hold for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Remove the plug and run the tap for a minute.
4. Vinegar on the Shower Head
A shower head dipped in white vinegar will eliminate any ugly limescale build-up. Try one of these two methods:
- Bowl It: Take the head off the hose and leave to soak in a bowl of vinegar. Or
- Bag It: Fix a bag of vinegar to the shower head using a rubber band.
5. Denture tablets in the toilet cistern
Drop two tablets in the cistern and leave overnight. The result will be a stainless and fresh interior to your toilet's cistern.
6. An Air Can can clean a Fan
When your extractor fan is just too far for vacuum extensions to reach, then why not try a can of air? It's more than a quick and easy keyboard cleaner: use on your fan, then wipe with a damp cloth, and it'll look brand new.
7. Bleach Pen on Grout
Is your grout the wrong colour? Has grime built up and made your tiles look grim? Then get yourself a bleach pen and run it along the grout. Your tiles will look newly laid.
8. The Grapefruit, the Salt and the Clean Tub
Get yourself a grapefruit and some salt, cut the fruit in half and dip in the salt. Scrub all over your bathtub. The result will be a grime-free tub that simply needs a wash down to remove the salt.
9. Shower Curtain in the Washing Machine
That's right, add your usual detergent and a few towels and your shower curtain will come out gleaming! The towels and the warm water will scrub away at tough stains while you sit back and relax.
10. The Miracle Combo: Vinegar & Water
Became a DIY cleaning expert! Mix in equal parts and use a soft cloth to wipe any area in your bathroom.