The fact cannot be denied that the bathrooms are given the least attention than the other parts of the house when it comes to proper lighting. A properly designed bathroom increases the value of the house, but more importantly it increases the comfort level for the people using it. The most effective way to update the bathroom is through lighting. With proper bathroom lighting fixtures, you can create a different look and set the right mood.
Here are some quick tips to consider when thinking about enhancing your bathroom lighting:
- Task lighting, lighting focused on areas for tasks such as mirrors, need to be installed in all bathrooms and since they are task specific, the light should be bright. Vanity lighting, lighting around the mirror, needs to light the face evenly otherwise you will be left with shadows making it harder to groom. One of the best options for vanity lighting is a vanity mirror, or a Hollywood mirror, that has light bulbs installed all around the mirror. A simpler option is to have lights left and right of the mirror and one directly above.
- Your bathroom should have a proper lighting that is neither too bright nor dim. Recessed lights create the perfect mood for a soak in the tub after a hard day work.
- You can install bathroom lighting fixtures that focus on a decorative piece such as a painting or a vase of flowers. The decorative pieces will be highlighted adding a luxurious touch to your bathroom.
- You can find different materials such as brass, porcelain, chrome, aluminum, and cloth. Metallic and chrome bathroom light fixtures are contemporary and are known to impart a modern look.
- If you have a wide and large bathroom, then you can install a small chandelier as the focal point of the room.
Having proper bathroom lighting means providing adequate lighting. It is vitally important to have appropriate bathroom lighting fixtures mounted in the right places. With the relaxing and glamorous atmosphere that these bathrooms convey, it is too often that many individuals spend even more time in their bathroom.